Today has been an off day. I’m not one to whine (at least on this blog), but the lack of sleep is really getting to me and I feel like a tornado creating little disasters every where. Here are some things that have been going wrong:
1. Centro Classes I was not able to switch out of my centro class. I had a valid argument … in English. I’m not 100% sure if it translated completely. I’m not one to take the easy road out, but the lack of structure in this class is making me want to explode. Ok, that is overly dramatic but I want you to catch my frustration. They didn’t really lay out the rules for add/drop dates, so I’m stuck. But all is well because no one else understands/likes the class with me.
2. Being Clumsy: I broke the drawers on my dresser. Something fell out, and they were given as a gift to my host mom but I still feel awful. I seem to break drawers where ever I stay, it’s embarrassing. She said it isn’t expensive to fix, but it made me feel awful.
3. Water Bill: I went to spin class today. No you read that correct, I went and got exercise. I thought it would help me sleep tonight. I got home all gross and sweaty and wanted to take a shower, but my host mom got a hugeeeee bill for the water.It was super expensive 1. there is a drought, 2. it’s always more expensive here, 3. they meter for only 2 people instead of 4, 4. we’re Americans and are used to using a lot of water. She was super nice and let me take a shower today, saying that I didn’t know. I told her I understand, it just makes me feel so guilty that she has to pay so much. It’s not even because we use a lot of hot water, she is charged for all/any water use. I’ve been taking roughly 7-15 minute showers here depending on the day, which is really good for me! I guess I’ll just have to cut down my usage.Side story: I’m learning what is and isn’t expensive here. I’ve always had a skewed perception. For example, I bought an organic chicken to make chicken noodle soup before I left for Spain. I only bought organic because it was the only option in the store. I thought I was getting a bargain at $14 for a small chicken. Turns out you can buy them for $5-6. OPPS! I’m learning though and hopefully I won’t be making these mistakes again.
I’m a problem child as of late, but hopefully my luck will be turning around. Actually, I know my luck will be turning around because I’m in Spain!
- Working out
- Feeling Tired
- Knowing I’ll be sore tomorrow
- Almost finishing my homework
- Knowing I can sleep in tomorrow
- Germs in the Gym
- Breaking things
- Making my madre pay for the water and to fix the dresser
- Not sleeping
- Bad skin